Note: As per the new rule of the Embassy personal presence will be required now, even if the Applicant has travelled or is holding valid visa for USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand. Personal presence will not be required if the Applicant has travelled earlier to Schengen State if NOT then Personal Presence is mandatory now for all the Applicants.
Please make sure that Air Ticket, Invitation, Insurance and Covering Letter must have matching dates.
- The Applicant should have a passport (and one photocopy of the same) which must be valid for at least six months beyond the visa expiry date. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document. It is mandatory to have two blank pages opposite to each other.
- One visa form carefully completed, dated and signed by the applicant. The form can also be completed electronically and printed out.
- Two recent colour passport size photographs with a light background, not older than six months. The photo must be 47mm high and 36mm wide. The distance between the top of the head without hair and the bottom of the chin must be 32-36mm in the photo. Photograph should not have any stapler or pin marks disfiguring the face or background and must be pasted on the form.
- A covering letter from the company explaining the purpose of the visit.
- Flight reservation (not a paid ticket), paid tickets are needed when the visa is granted.
- An application explaining the purpose of visit.
- If visiting friends/relatives, the original sponsorship/invitation letter explaining the history and the relationship of the persons in question must be enclosed. The time of travel and clarification as to who will pay the costs, attached with his/her bank statements for the past six months is also requirement.
- Passport and ID copies from the Sponsor/Inviter in Finland.
- Certificate of employment in original from the current Employer.
- Travel Insurance of Euros 30,000 for duration of stay in all Schengen states. Insurance to be covered for another 15 days after the applicant has come back to India. This is mandatory now. Click here for approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa.
- Hotel booking, matching onward visa.
- roof of sufficient funds in form of foreign exchange.
- Bank statement for the last six months.
- Income Tax returns for the last three years.
- Visa validity, and stay allowed is at the discretion of the Embassy and according to the air ticket and request of the traveler.
- No applications will be received by the Embassy on Fridays.