This visa is applicable in case you are traveling to visit your friends/relatives. This visa is given for travel of less than 90 days.
Note: For the visa submission Applicant / Agent needs to take appointment thru VFS site http://www.vfs-france.co.in/scheduleanappointment.html .
- The Applicant should have a original passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of application for the visa. One photocopy of the first and last page of the passport and photocopies of valid visa are required. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document. It is mandatory to have two blank pages opposite to each other.
- Photocopies of valid US, U.K. and previous Schengen visas.
- Two recent passport size photographs (35 x 45 mm) with white / light background, 70-80% face coverage, photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo quality paper. Photograph should not have any stapler or pin marks disfiguring the face or background and must be pasted on the form.
- One application form with all columns filled.
- All Applicants should mention their mobile number on the visa application form.
- Travel Agents authorized by the embassy of france must mention the applicants mobile number on the visa application form and not their own mobile number or travel agency number.
- Covering letter IN ORIGINAL signed by the applicant. For self employed/ businessman, going on tourist visa, covering letter preferably on company's letterhead is required.
- Copy of CONFIRMED prepaid hotel reservation OR sponsorship certificate (attestation d'accueil*) IN ORIGINAL.
- Covering Letter signed by the Applicant. For self employed/ businessman, traveling on tourist visa, a Covering Letter preferably on Company's Letterhead is required (in original).
- Copy of ITINERARY prepared by the travel agency (for those going on tour).
- Photocopy of Applicant's PAN Card.
- Copy of income tax papers of last one year, last THREE month bank statement, last 3 months salary slips.
- Photocopy of overseas medical insurance policy + repatriation, evacuation cover (equivalent to 30,000 euros). Please carry your original insurance for verification at the time of submission of visa application form. Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa. Click here for approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa.
- Copy of air ticket or PNR (booking printout).
- All applicants except first time traveler (traveling first time to a Schengen country) while applying for a French visa will be required to fill visa insurance undertaking form in addition to the visa application form.
- For minor travelling alone the visa application must include an authorization from both his/her parents to travel alone. The authorization has to be certified by an entitled Indian authority and enclose copy of the parents' identity. /// If the minor is travelling with an adult other than his/her parents, this adult has to be legally authorized by the minor's parents to accompany him/her and take any measure that be needed in case of illness, accident,etc. /// If the minor is accompanied by only one of his/her parents, the other one should give his/her legal authorization to let her/his child travelling with his/her spouse
- For any student under 18, applicants are requested by the French authorities to provide with either a photocopy of certificate from their school or university or any other document as a proof of their enrollment as a student or apprentice.
- The photocopy of certificate from school or university or any other proof of professional or educative occupation is also requested whenever a young person over 18 is depending on his parents for his/her living expenses.
- Domestic help at the private service of a foreign national or a French national, accompanying his employer to France for a short stay needs to hold a working permit, like any foreigner going to work, full time or part time, in France.
- Submission of a contract established between the employee and the employer in accordance with the French Labour law, approved by the DDTEFP( Direction du travail, de l'emploiet de la formation professionnelle) center of the employer's place of vacation is compulsory for application for a visa.
- Visa issued is usually valid for 6 months with a stay of up to 90 days.
- The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID.
The Embassy of France, New Delhi has implemented a change in arrangements for the collection of processed passport from visa application centres. With effect from 8th December 2014, it will no longer be possible for third parties to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:
- Immediate family member (Parent, Child or sibling);
- One member of a group collecting for the entire group;
- A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department;
- Representative of a company - Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card of the representative.