Schengen visa have to be obtained from the embassy or consulate of the country where the main purpose of travel lies. Therefore, please check your travel plans before making your application to the German Embassy. In case of travel to multiple Schengen countries, please make your application to the embassy or the consulate where you will be staying for the maximum number of days, or from the point of first entry into the Schengen countries, if the duration of stay is the same in more than one Schengen Country.
- Schengen Visa Application Form: Applicant needs to complete the Online Visa Application Form from the link given as https://videx.diplo.de/videx . Print out of the filled form & duly signed by the applicant (Both the parents must sign in case of minor applicants). Bring the bar code sheet with the documents.
- Signed Declaration on True and Complete Information.
- Signed Annexure A (Authorization Letter Format for the submission & collection of the documents).
- Two recent passport size colored photographs (35 x 45 mm) with white background, 70-80% face coverage, The photo should be printed on high-quality paper with a print resolution of at least 600 dpi (especially when taken with a digital camera). Photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
- Personal covering letter from the applicant.
- Valid travel document satisfying the following criteria (plus a photocopy of all printed pages.
- its validity shall extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the member States;
- it shall contain at least two blank pages;
- it shall have been issued within the previous 10 years.
- Handwritten passports are not acceptable for the visa processing.
- Note: Please note that Indian passports can only be accepted if their bio data (name, date of birth, place of birth of holder, sex) have not been modified by an "observation". However, observations regarding the validity of the passport are permitted.
- Travel Insurance (plus a photocopy): In cases of multiple entry one year visa, travel insurance will only be required for the first trip. But an adequate travel medical insurance has to be had for any subsequent visits to the territories of the Schengen Member States. Click here for approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa.
- Proof of Financial Means to cover the costs of living for the entire trip and all travel related expenses (e.g. Original Bank Statements with bank seal and signature, pay slips, tax income returns,"Verpflichtungserklärung") (plus a photocopy).
- Documents relating to accommodation: invitation from the host if staying with one (e.g. ?Verpflichtungserklärung") document from the establishment providing accommodation or any other appropriate document indicating the accommodation envisaged;
- documents relating to the itinerary: proof of the booking of an organised trip or any other appropriate document indicating the envisaged travel plans (e.g. ticket reservation) in the case of transit: visa or other entry permit for the third country of destination; tickets for onward journey.plus a photocopy of each document;
- The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID.
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, New Delhi has implemented a change in arrangements for the collection of passport from visa application centres. With effect from 16th July 2014, it will no longer be possible for third parties to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:
- Immediate family member (i.e Parent, Child, Sibling).
One member of a group collecting for the entire group.
A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department.
Representative of a company- Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card of the representative.
- If any of the above comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents:-
- Photocopy of Govt. ID card.
Authorisation Letter from applicant.
Applicants who do not wish to collect their documents in person and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above should select delivery mode as courier at the time of submission. The applicants are requested to mention the complete delivery address on the covering letter. In case no specific address is mentioned on the covering letter, the passport will be sent to the address mentioned on the Visa Application Form. This procedural change is to ensure the safe and secure return of documents to applicantsNote :-Embassy may asked for additional documents or personal presence at the time of submission or after the submission