A Schengen short stay visa entitles the holder to visit the Schengen countries for Tourism, visiting friends / family or other non-business related purposes up to 90 days within a 180 day period from date of first entry. The stay me be either continuous or several visits depending upon whether the visa is single or multiple entry.
- Application form fully completed and signed by applicant. Form should be printed on A4 size paper then print should be taken in back to back page.
- One recent passport size colored photograph (35 x 45 mm wide) with white background, 70-80% face coverage, Photograph taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper. Photograph should not be more than 6 months old. It should be glued to the form and not stapled.
- Passport/Travel Document must:
- Have been issued within the previous 10 years, and its validity must not exceed 10 yrs.
- At least have a validity of 6 months from the date of Travel.
- Have at least 2 Blank Pages.
- Handwritten passports will not be accepted.
- Overseas medical insurance with minimum coverage of Euro 30,000- for emergency hospital and repatriation expenses. (Photocopy). Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa. Click here for approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa.
- For Applicants applying at Eastern region (in Kolkata VFS):- Travel Health Insurance submitted for all applications must be valid for 15 days beyond the intended duration of stay in the Schengen Area.
- Travel itinerary with travel dates, including a return flight reservation or ticket.
- One set photocopy of Applicant's Passport.
- Proof of social or professional status.(for example cover letter detailing purpose of trip or leave authorization from the employer of the applicant.).
- Availability of adequate financial means of the applicant:
- Salary slips/certificates of the last three months and Form F16.
- Status of personal bank account for the last six months, in original letter from the bank. OR Original and one photocopy of Bank Guarantee ( "fidejussione bancaria") from sponsor in Italy (if any) covering the expenses for the duration of stay as per the foreign exchange value (sse above mentioned table). The original will be returned with the passport.
- Income tax challans (last three years) and Form 16
- Foreign exchange endorsement on the passport and receipt.
- Credit card copy with statement of credit limit.
- Proof of Accommodation:
- Confirmed hotel bookings. OR
- Invitation letter from the sponsor in Italy ("Lettera di invito", see attached form).
- The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID.
With effect from 7th July 2014, the Embassy of Italy, New Delhi has implemented a change in arrangements for the collection of passport from visa application centres. Now, it will be no longer possible for third parties to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:-
- A parent collecting for a dependent child.
- One member of a family group collecting the passports of the whole family.
Applicants/Representatives who do not wish to collect their documents in person and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above should select pass back by courier at the time they make their visa application.Note :-Embassy may asked for additional documents or personal presence at the time of submission or after the submission Book Now