- Visa application (completed and signed by the holder of the passport submitted)
- Indian Passport with a validity of at least three months beyond the date of intended stay with two blank pages. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document.
- Copy of the valid visas (if any)
- Your previous passport if available.
- Clear photocopy of the first and last page of the passport.
- Two recent passport size colour photographs (35 x 45 mm in width) with a plain light background (white or off-white), close-up 70-80% of the photograph. Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper. One photograph to be pasted (please do not staple) on the visa application form. The second one to be attached with a paper clip to the form (should not be pasted or stapled).Scanned and color photocopies will not be accepted.
- A covering letter on a business letterhead from your employer/company stating your position and the length of your service and no objection certificate for the planned trip to Switzerland/Schengen countries, mentioning the dates and the purpose of the trip.
- If an applicant is submitting the applications of his/her family, then all applications must have a copy of the covering letter.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means and proof of accommodation in Switzerland/Schengen Countries (e.g. hotel confirmation, bookings of the entire stay, receipt of paid package tour). A copy of the confirmed return ticket to India or confirmation of reservation.
- A copy of the confirmed return ticket to India or confirmation of reservation.
- Visas for UK and U.S.A to be obtained first in case the applicant visits any of these countries before Switzerland/Schengen Countries.
- Personal & company's Income Tax Returns for last 2 years
- Latest 3 months personal & company's bank statements should have the bank seal.
- Business registration certificate/Partnership Deed/Proof of proprietorship.
- For employees: Latest 3 months salary slips and salary bank account statements with bank seal.
- For children (under 18 years of age) travelling alone, an authorisation letter signed by both parents with their passports or a notarised affidavit signed by both parents is required.
- A copy of the identity card and no objection certificate from the school, institute or college for the planned trip to Switzerland mentioning the dates of the trip.
- A copy and original marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages of the concerned State, duly legalised by the competent State Home Ministry or names of spouses endorsed on the passports.
- If you have been refused a visa by an Embassy or High Commission in the last 2 years: Refusal notice or a written explanation about reason for trip and refusal is to be submitted.
- Overseas Medical Insurance policy.
- Minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro per person.
- Coverage of all expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and / or emergency hospital treatment
- The insurance has to cover the entire stay in Schengen territory.
- Applicants who wish to apply for a six months or one year multiple entry visa are not obliged to provide a 365 (180) day coverage. It will be sufficient to submit an insurance policy covering the first journey. In addition to that a declaration for covering further journeys accordingly needs to be filled and signed by the applicant.
- Click here for approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa.
- The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID.
- The visa is processed through VFS in New Delhi.
For visitors: Apart from the above mentioned documents, an Invitation Letter by the Host in Switzerland mentioning the name of the Applicant/s , the duration of their stay and taking guarantee of expenses, should be provided. A copy of the Host's Swiss passport or (if he/ she is not a Swiss) Residence Permit and Indian passport (first & last page) should also directly be sent to the Embassy by fax. (Fax No.91-11-26870652).
Family Visit: A Guarantee form, issued by the Embassy should be sent to the Sponsor in Switzerland. He/ she needs to approach the Cantonal Police for Foreigners for the visa. If approved, the Authorities will send the approval directly to the Embassy. A copy will be sent to the Sponsor. Visa is issued according to the confirmation of entry and exit on the air ticket and according to valid neighbouring visas. Processing time is 3 working days.
Honeymoon couples: The original Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages of the concerned State and duly legalized by the competent State Home Ministry and Ministry of External Affairs is needed. Alternatively, the names of spouses should be endorsed in the passports. The Wedding Invitation Card as well as 5 marriage photographs with couple and family (will be returned) are also to be submitted along with the visa application.
For Events: An Invitation by the Event Host in Switzerland mentioning the Name of the Applicant, the duration of his/ her stay and guaranteeing to bear the expenses (if it be the case) is required. One such copy is to be attached with application and another should be directly sent to the Embassy by fax by the Invitee in Switzerland.
- Children under 6 years are exempt from the payment of visa fee.
- Students interview / Language Gradation is charged INR 5300/- (in addition to visa fee).
- Postal/ Referral fee of INR 400/- would be charged for certain visa applications i.e. student, dependent, formal decision etc. (in addition to visa fee).
VFS Service Charge of INR 988- (inclusive of service tax & education cess) payable in cash. Fee is non-refundable.
The courier charge for the optional service is INR. 300/-.
Applicants applying at Chennai, Bangalore, Cochin & Puducherry Centers need to pay courier charge which will include two way courier charges pertaining to the transfer of visa applications to New Delhi and sending back the passports for delivery to the preferred address of the visa applicants or at the respective regional VFS Visa Application Centers in the respective cities.Note :-Embassy may asked for additional documents or personal presence at the time of submission or after the submissio